Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Blog Hop - October 22nd,


In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed!


Each week, participating blogs are asked questions to post and answer on their websites. This week's question comes from Becky who blogs at Becky's Barmy Book Blog:


"Where is your favorite place to read? Curled up on the sofa, in bed, in the garden?"

'Wherever there is a good book'. Does that sound odd? Honestly, I really don't have a favourite place, because I read all the time. The place I read most often is in my nice comfy lounger in my sewing room, but that's probably convenience, rather than preference. As long as the book I'm reading is good, I really don't mind where I'm reading. I'm not sure where Christinabean prefers to read - I must ask her that one.

Welcome to the Paperback Princesses. Have a look around and see what we blog about. Check out the tabs at the top of the page and find explainations of some of our memes, policies and contests we blog about. I had a great haul of books this week, so keep your eyes open for reviews. We've added 'Paranormalcy', Before I Fall' and 'The Candidates' this week, and I'm working on 'Infinite Days', 'Firelight' and 'Rampant', so check back often.

Christinabean is on vacation this week, but when she gets back she'll be working on our new giveaway - lots of signed books up for grabs. We're an award free blog, so post a comment and let us know what you think, we love to hear from you. I'm having a totally non-book related weekend demonstrating embroidery in Toronto - but I'll need a book for the train. Which one to read? Decisions, decisions. Enjoy the hopping and have a great week-end.

10 comments:

  1. Just hopping over! Have a great weekend with lots of good books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I loved your review for Before I Fall and The Candidates. So cool that Lauren wrote you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy HOP! I love to read in my bedroom because it's the most comfortable and quiet spot in my house. But I'll read anywhere I can when I'm engrossed in an addictive read!

    Come HOP over to The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am usually found reading on the couch or over-stuffed leather chair in the living room. I love to read all over the place, but I prefer to read somewhere that I can curl up with a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog Hopper and Friday Follow here!

    My answer is in the cozy two-seater chair in my living room. It's so comfy!

    Follow Friday answer: I am reading Black Magic Lover by Cynthia Cooke, Harlequin Nocturne paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm your 120th follower!
    Please stop by my blog and follow back :)
    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping by! Hope you come by and see my ANSWER!

    Jen @ I Read Banned Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. It doesn't sound at all strange, I am the same. As it's getting colder, I am more likely to be found in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hopping by to check out your blog. I'm a new follower! Happy Reading!

    Ramblings of a (Future) Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Stoping by from the blog hop. I'm following you now!

    Would love it if you followed me too:
    http://whatsyourstorybookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete