Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday Finds

Hi everyone!

So this week has been a bit of a whirlwind. Since we were getting ready for the Smart Chicks Kick it signing last week, I wasn't able to publish nearly as much as what I wanted to last week. There have been some great things happening around the blogsphere that you might be interested in. Think of this as your booky gossip rag....

So Miss Terra Lynn Childs author of Forgive my Fins released the cover of her 2nd book in the Forgive My Fins series. It is entitled Fins are Forever.




Torment by Lauren Kate (second in the Fallen series) was released this week!! I am seriously "kicking" myself about this because last Saturday when we were at the Smart Chicks signing, Torment was on the shelves in the store!!! We could have bought it then!!

Another Lauren, Lauren Oliver (author of Before I Fall), has finished writing the follow up to Delirium and is asking her fans to help choose a title. You can find out more here. (Did I enter? Of course I entered!)

Maggie Stiefvater has released her pretty new cover of the third book in her Mercy Falls trilogy. It is RED...and entitled Forever.


Author of the Blessed series - Cynthia Leitich Smith has a third book coming out in February called Blessed. Check out this cover love. Another lovely to add to our TBR pile!



JK Rowling was on Oprah yesterday. I still need to watch the episode to find out what happened. I've heard rumors of a Harry Potter encyclopedia but facts must be checked.

Twitter has a new look. Have you tried it out? It's fresh. It's new. I'm kind of diggin' it.

Author of Split, Swati Avasthi is honoring Domestic Violence Awareness month (October) by having a charity auction. You can bid on signed books and manuscript critiques. Money raised will go to the Family Violence Prevention Fund.

That's all the news I can stuff into this Friday Finds addition...but I will leave you with this hilarious video that I watched on another blog and snagged from YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment