Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More Musings, this time by Curlypow

If you have been following this blog for any length of time you will be aware that I love bags.  I particularly love to make bags - any shape or style.  I had some extra time off this Easter weekend and I was in the right mood, so I decided to make another bag for myself.  I had bought a kit when I was at the Creativ Festival in Toronto a little while ago - from Quilt a Bag, in Markham.  Their stuff is really cool. So I decided to put needle to fabric and see what happened.

Anyway I was having so much fun that when I had finished the kit, I decided to make a second one. 



The coloured one is the one I got in the kit - cute isn't it?  The green one I made using fabric from my stash.  I bought a couple of extra sets of tape to make the handles when I was at the show, just in case, and I'm so glad I did.  Now I'm ready to adust the pattern a little and try to make a bigger one with a few pockets.  The tape is a lovely grey, so I thought it might work well with denim.   So, what do you think?

Only trouble is, when I'm busy making bags, I can't get any reading done.  The books await!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! We are soul mates. I love to sew, and BAGS are my favorite things to make too. Your bags are beautiful! I am always torn between reading and sewing -- lately reading is winning. Here's a post from my "other" blog about some bags I made...

    http://annetteshobbyspot.blogspot.com/2010/04/mag-bags.html

    ReplyDelete