Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Poison Eaters by Holly Black

Published: March 2011
Publisher: McElderry
Pages: 212
Copy Provided by: Simon and Schuster Canada

Review:
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this title from Simon and Schuster Canada to review a few months ago and have only now been able to pick it up.

Do you ever have those moments when you want to read something so badly but you just don't have much time or focus?  That's where I've been at this month.  It has been so difficult for me to complete a book, let along the normal 4 that I have on the go that I decided that I needed something a bit more bite-sized.  Let's put it in Curlypow terms.  It's like trying to tackle a whole butter tart when you know you need to fit into that formal gown but decide to go for a two-bite size instead.  That's how I feel about the Poison Eaters.  It was just perfect for a weekend of lounging outside and reading quick tidbits. 

Ms Black has some kind of magic running through her fingertips and onto the page because I find that she writes in a style that is so unique.  She makes me laugh, makes me think and sometimes just makes me go hmm....Her ideas always differ and I find it fascinating how an author can be so diverse.  I enjoyed all of the short stories in The Poison Eaters.  If you're in the mood for just a little nibble of fantasy and magic, I suspect you'll enjoy this one too.  Do you have a favorite short story anthology?

No comments:

Post a Comment