Thursday, September 8, 2016

Goodbye Llama Llama


It's not often that I post things about children's books but I do have sad news. Anna Dewdney, writer of the Llama Llama children's series passed away of brain cancer. She did not want a funeral. Instead, she wanted people to remember her by reading a book.  This series is very dear to my heart. I have been reading these books to my daughter since she was a toddler.  

 

I think our favourite was Llama Llama Mad at Mama.  Seemed fitting during the toddler stage when my daughter was frustrated with all of Mommy's errands.  :)  For me, it was a constant reminder to stay calm and consider her feelings when she had a blow out. Talking things out, explaining the situation and including her my errand made things much better.  Llama Llama taught me patience. 



I encourage all of you to take some time this week to read one of her books with a young child. The easy rhymes, colorful pictures and great life lessons in these stories will continue to be loved for years.  Rest in Peace Anna.  Thank you for gracing us with your wonderful stories!

- Christinabean



No comments:

Post a Comment