Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - What Waits in the Woods by Kieran Scott

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine,  that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating or books that are in our TBR pile.  This week’s “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is


Summary: by Goodreads

It's a beautiful, sunny day. Callie Velasquez holds hands with her boyfriend Jeremy as they follow Callie's new BFFs Penelope and Lissa up the trail. The four friends are embarking on a camping trip -- a trip that immediately goes awry. They lose their way on the trail, and encounter a charismatic stranger with questionable motives. And when Callie stumbles upon a dead body, it becomes clear that the danger that lies in the woods is deadlier than she could have ever imagined. Tensions mount and friendships are tested as these teenagers try to survive the most sinister of circumstances.

I love a good scary story and that is what this makes me think of...a horror movie for books.  I missed this one when it originally came out at the end of March but I wanted to share it with our followers for those of you who wanted a change.  Kieran Scott is the author of quite a few other titles, all of which are more along a contemporary stream so I'm happy to see her trying something new.  Look for it...and if you've read it, tell me what you thought!  Cause I'm always looking for my next creepy read....
- Christinabean



No comments:

Post a Comment