Wow! What a fantastic evening! I took the day off to attend a book signing with Curlypow in Etobicoke on Friday for Holly Black and Cassie Clare. Since it is nearly 1am and I'm slowly losing consciousness, here's a little snippet of our author visit. If this seems a bit disjointed, I'll write more once I get some zzz's and it will make more sense -
Things we learned about Cassie Clare and Holly Black
- Holly Black talks nuts. No, really! She is all about con men, fairytales about nuts and likes getting locked in the trunks of vehicles
- White Cat is out if you haven't already read it, Red Glove (can't wait!) will be out April 5, 2011 and Black Heart will be coming in 2012
- Cassandra Clare is hilarious! She takes photos of nude men cooking and has been using her Teen Read award as a defensive weapon. Plus, she isn't afraid of wearing bright colored tights
- City of Fallen Angels, book #4 in The Mortal Instruments series has been submitted to her editor. Can't wait for this one either!! (We think she said it would be out in April - but don't quote us on that, we're not sure)
- All in all, Cassie Clare + Holly Black = An incredibly entertaining, Dynamic Duo....ladies, have you ever considered writing a book TOGETHER?