Sunday, July 17, 2011

Everlasting by Alyson Noel

Published: St Martin's Griffin
Publisher: June 2011
Pages: 336
Copy Provided by: Won
Summary:  Goodreads

Summary:
Everlasting is the sixth and final installment of the epic love story that has enchanted readers across the world. Ever and Damen have spent centuries facing down bitter rivals, jealous friends and their own worst fears-all in the hope of being together forever. Now in Everlasting, their destiny is finally within reach.

Will they be united-or torn apart forever? Readers will finally discover the truth in this anxiously awaited conclusion!

Review:

This was the last book in the Immortal Series and I have to admit that I was pleased with the ending.  Noel wrapped up the series just as it should and addressed questions about Ever and Damon's prevous lives as well as what happened in the Shadowland.
I have been reading some fairly negative reviews about this title lately and it is interesting because some bloggers feel that this story is all about Ever getting it on with Damon.  This really bothers me because it's like saying that Memoirs of a Geisha is about an Asian hooker.  Everlasting for me was about Ever learning to connect with her soul in a spiritual way;  seeing how her life fits into a much larger puzzle.  I enjoyed how Noel combined Damon's actions with karma in future lives.  Overall it was an interesting way to wrap things up and I enjoyed the story.

If you are interested in continuing with Alyson's series, you might want to check out her spinoff with Riley in Radiance. It is a middle school title but continues with Riley Bloom's afterlife/

One last thing about Alyson Noel...Curlypow and I had the opportunity to meet her at the Smart Chicks Kick it Tour last fall in Toronto and I have to say, she is SOOO nice and down to earth.  For me, when you meet an author who is genuine with their fans, their books are so much more appealing!


No comments:

Post a Comment