Monday, October 8, 2012

Wolf Pact by Melissa de la Cruz


Published: October 2nd, 2012
Publisher: Hachette Digital
Copy: for review
Summary: Goodreads

Lawson and his brothers escaped from the underworld and now lead desperate, dangerous lives, pursued by the Hounds of Hell from one town to the next, never calling any place home. But when the hounds finally catch up with them and capture the girl Lawson loves, the hunters become the hunted. Lawson will stop at nothing to track down the hounds—especially their ruthless former general—even if the chances of saving Tala are slim. The risks of being recaptured and enslaved by Romulus are high, and the boys’ search becomes increasingly perilous as they get closer to the hounds’ trail. But an unexpected discovery leads them to the one person who may be the key to winning the inevitable confrontation to come.

Meanwhile, Bliss Llewellyn is adjusting to humanity after giving up her immortal vampire life. As she and her aunt Jane unravel the clues surrounding a disturbing attack on a young girl, they find themselves stalked by a terrifying force, so stealthy that Bliss doesn’t know who to blame until Jane is taken by the hellhounds themselves. Bliss will do whatever it takes to save her—even if it means joining forces with the insolent, dangerously good-looking boy with a wolf’s soul and a too-intimate knowledge of Jane’s captors.


I read some of the Blue Bloods series when it first came out, but that was before I started blogging, and to be honest, I never finished the series.  Thankfully that didn't make any difference to my reading of the first part of Wolf Pact, but I am now convinced I have to go back and read them all.

Wolf Pact is a novel in four parts.  Part I was published a week ago, Part II on-sale October 23rd, Part III on-sale November 13th , and Part IV on-sale December 4th.  I LOVED part one, and I cannot wait to read the rest of this story.  There is just enough in part I to get you really interested and then leave you hanging.  At least we won't have too much longer to wait for the next part.

There is just enough going on in Part I to get you interested and attached to the characters.  I was ready to tell you all about Part I, but I really don't think I can do any better than the words from the publicist

Once enslaved in the darkest pits of the underworld, Lawson and his pack were destined to become Hounds of Hell. Escaping to Earth bought them a little time, but their old masters soon catch up with them and take away the one thing Lawson is desperate to keep hold of – the girl he loves. Now, Lawson needs to hunt the beasts he was running from if there's any chance of seeing her again. When Bliss, a mysterious ex-vampire, turns up to search for the Hounds, it seems she might hold information that will help. But will she be able to trust this insolent, dangerously good-looking boy when she knows that he has a wolf's soul?

WOLF PACT, a timeless and romantic story of love and loss,will delight both readers who are encountering Melissa’s storytelling for the first time and devoted and long-time fans who are eagerly awaiting Blue Blood’s dramatic climax in Gates of Paradise
.

 Getting a new novel like this, in parts, is a bit like the Chinese water torture - you know the next drop is coming, but you just have to wait for it - however, in this case I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I already have the dates on my calendar.  A must for fans of the Blue Bloods series, I'm sure you'll enjoy Wolf Pact as much as I have,  so far anyway.

When asked Ms de la Cruz had this to say:

“When my publisher approached me to publishWolf Pact in this format,” says de la Cruz, “I jumped at the chance. Each part of the story is dependent on the next, and the wolves’ story had to be told first in order for the finale of the Blue Bloods series, Gates of Paradise (out January 2013), to make sense. The speed and convenience of this format allowed me to give my fans a richer backstory to finish off the series.“


If you'd like to read more about the series and see the covers, plus hear some thoughts from Melissa, check out this link for USA Today

No comments:

Post a Comment