Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday






Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine,  that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating or books that are in our TBR pile.  This week’s “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is


Summary (by Goodreads)

The explosive final novel in the Endgame trilogy. Two keys have been found. The strongest Players are left. One final key remains to win Endgame and save the world.

For Sarah, Jago, Aisling, Maccabee, Shari, An, and Hilal, Endgame has reached its final phase. The third key, Sun Key, is all that stands between one Player saving their line—or perishing along with the rest of the world. And only one can win.

West Bengal, India: Maccabee is Playing to win. He has Earth Key and Sky Key and he is determined to find Sun Key. But in Endgame, fate can turn in the blink of an eye. He must Play carefully. He must watch his back.

Kolkata, India: An Liu is Playing for death. His goal: stop Endgame, and take the world down with him.

Sikkim, India: For Aisling, Sarah, Jago, Shari, and Hilal, their mission is to stop Endgame. Sun Key must not be found.

No matter what they’re Playing for, all of the remaining Players have one thing in common: they will end the game, but on their own terms.
 

So, when I first started reading the Endgame trilogy, I was actually more interested in how the heck they could turn a book into a game worth mucho money in gold.  And then I started to read it and forgot all about the contest and began getting into the story.  There are tons of characters and lots going on but it kept me riveted.  Enough to buy book #2.  But then to be honest, it has sat on my bookshelf.  Seeing the last book released just gives me more incentive to continue with this trilogy because I had enjoyed it so much.  My company closes for the holidays between Xmas and New Year's.  I have a feeling I will be catching up on my TBR list during that time...

- Christinabean


p.s.
I know that I don't post nearly as often as I have in the past.  My blog partner has taken a break to work on some other things so I haven't had time to put up many reviews but I do want to say how much I appreciate all of your comments to the posts I do list.  Sometimes when you blog, you feel like you are just chatting to yourself in an empty room.  I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hears the echos.  Much love. xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment