Saturday, May 13, 2017

Cheater by Rachel Van Dyken


Published: Feb 2017
Publisher: Skyscape
Pages: 320
Copy Provided by: NetGalley
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:
Lucas Thorn wasn’t born a cheater. All it took was a single moment—say, a certain disastrous incident on the night before his wedding—and boom. Reputation destroyed forever and always. So now he owns it. He has a lady friend for every night of the week (except Sundays—God’s day and all), and his rules are simple: No commitments. No exceptions.

But a certain smart-mouthed, strawberry blonde vixen is about to blow that all to hell.

Avery Black has never forgiven Lucas for cheating on her sister. And suddenly being forced to work with him is pretty much a nightmare on steroids. Of course, it does afford her the opportunity to make his life as difficult as possible. But no good revenge scheme comes without payback. Because he didn’t become the Lucas Thorn without learning a few things about women.

Now Avery’s lust for vengeance has turned into, well, lust. And if Lucas stops cheating, it’s definitely not because he’s falling in love…
 

Review:
I don't normally deviate from my regular YA reading series but this title just sounded like so much fun, I had to give it a try and I'm SO GLAD that I did!!  First off, this book has a very easy-going narrative.  It was nice to read something that flows so smoothly.  It was as if Lucas was sitting there chatting in my ear. He is obviously a womanizer and uses his womanizing to cover up the fact that he has been hurt in love or has hurt someone badly in love.  

Picture this novel as chit lit from a man's perspective.  And get ready to be highly entertained.  I LOVED these characters. They made me laugh and cry and cringe all in less than 350 pages!  There is so much that happens in this novel and I don't want to give away any spoilers but if you like Bridget Jones and any of the Shopaholic series, you will enjoy this.  The main characters are honest and have REAL insecurities.  Avery of course is my favourite and she has so much spunk, she could bottle and SELL IT!! 

If you are looking for a book that is light and will entertain you on a beach or vacation or somewhere you want to relax, then get this. Seriously.  I would read it again.  Maybe not this week but definitely in another year when I'm wanting a pick me up and want to laugh out loud again.  I 100% endorse the ridiculousness of this book.  Trust me. You'll enjoy it...and want to tell your girlfriends about it.  I did.

Have you read Cheater? Here are some spoilers and my thoughts on events that happened. Please comment if you know what I'm talking about. Stop here if you haven't read it - 

I laughed out loud when Lucas brought Avery pancakes after saving her drunk ass the night before.  

Lucas' Mom reminds me of Bridge Jones' mom.  

When Avery's mother texts and calls her several times after she has had dinner with Lucas' parents, why doesn't she call her back?  

I feel bad for Avery's sister, Lucas's ex- girlfriend.  Aren't there unspoken rules and boundaries about relationships with your exes and their relatives?


No comments:

Post a Comment