Saturday, June 10, 2017

The Revenge by Hannah Jayne


Published: July 2017
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 304
Copy Provided by: NetGalley
Summary: Goodreads



Summary:

Tony just wanted a little revenge when he posted his ex’s location online. He never meant to lead a predator to her doorstep… 

After Hope breaks up with Tony and embarrasses him at school, he's devastated. In a moment of revenge, Tony makes the location on her phone public. But a week later, when Hope calls Tony and begs him to stop the prank, he hears a shriek and a car door slamming. Then the call is dropped.

When Hope isn't back at school the next day, Tony realizes that he may have put Hope's life in danger. Can he trace Hope's movements and save her before it's too late?

Review:

Tony, the wallflower/nerd dates a popular girl Hope but he soon realizes that even though he cares for her, he cares less about the drama and the mean-spirited streak she has so he breaks it off.  Being the popular girl that she is, she twists things around so appear as if she has dumped him and now wants to ruin him for embarrassing her.   See where this is going? Enter extreme bullying plan.  She humiliates him every chance she gets at school so in retaliation, he posts all of her personal information all over the internet.  After a cry for help to him, she goes missing.  Talk about guilt huh? 

I picked The Revenge up off NetGalley. It sounded like a fun read and it was.  I wanted an entertaining book and this certainly was.  I felt incredibly bad for Tony.  Here was a girl that he really liked when she wasn't trying to get attention and things just went from bad to worse.  Why do break-ups need to be this messy?  I'm so glad that I did not have drama to the extreme like this during my teen years...or social media bullying.  

There is some language in the book but it is not too bad.  The end was kind of abrupt which was the only thing I was disappointed in. I wanted things to go a few pages further so I was surprised when there was nothing left to read. Overall, I enjoyed the novel and to me, this was a new author so I will take a peek at other goodies she has written!

I would recommend this read for a quick thriller/suspense novel.  It was exactly what I was looking for. No sequels and nothing complicated with deep thinking and analytical characters but very entertaining with enough suspense to keep me guessing.

(It might actually make a good novel study about relationships, bullying and revenge of course.)

So the morale of the story - if your relationship doesn't work out just "Let it Go".  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment