Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday - The Dark Calling by Kresley Cole


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine,  that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating or books that are in our TBR pile.  This week’s “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is


Summary (by Goodreads)

New intrigues, adventures, and stunning revelations fill the penultimate installment of #1 New York Times best-selling author Kresley Cole’s electrifying Arcana Chronicles.

In a world teetering on the edge . . .
When Evie receives life-changing—and possibly game-changing—news, she has trouble believing it. Why doesn’t she feel any different? Is it possible someone she trusts might be lying?


With enemies at every turn . . .
Tensions seethe inside the castle of lost time as Evie starts to doubt her own sanity. Answers can be found outside their stronghold, but will Death help her find them—or prevent her from learning the truth about her future and Jack’s possible survival?


Darkness beckons. 
A mysterious, sinister power begins to affect the Arcana in its path. Forced out into the wasteland alone, Evie must depend on unexpected allies. But as a battle with Richter looms, can her new alliance defeat the Dark Calling before hell reigns on earth?

Have you ever been in anticipation of a book and missed it's release date?? Well, that's what happened to me with The Arcana Chronicles.  Book #5 was released last month.  LAST MONTH!!  What the heck was I doing last month??  I was given a copy of one of the first in this series and I was instantly hooked! I don't know what drew me into the series but I really enjoyed the premise of the novel.  Here, take a look. 


Summary (by Goodreads)

She could save the world--or destroy it.
Sixteen year old Evangeline"Evie" Greene leads a charmed life--until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, killing everyone she loves, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future--and they're still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.

But she can't do either alone.
With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can't totally trust Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?

Who can Evie trust?
As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of teens has been chosen to reenact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it's not always clear who is on which side...


Sounds good, right? Well it gets better.  Much better.   The battle between good and evil becomes somewhat of a game in the world of reincarnation.  Think Endgame by James Frey meets Tarot Cards that have come to life.  Well, after I finished Poison Princess, I went on to buy the next book and then the next and then the next and so on until I had read all 4 books in about 2 weeks.  Now that is a lot for me.  Normally I read one title in about 2 weeks during my commute.  I didn't get a lot of sleep in those two weeks....

So I can't believe I missed the release of book #5.  I'm sorry Kresley. Can you forgive me?  I need to buy this title now and make amends...I guess I won't be sleeping much in the next few days as I read....

- Christinabean

2 comments:

  1. I still need to read book 4. But I have it, just have to pick it up and fall in love with it like I did with the first three. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book 4 was great from what I remember but I am seeing very mixed reviews about this one...yikes! I'm scared to read it now. I don't want to be disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete