Saturday, June 2, 2018

A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas



Published: May 1, 2018
Published by: Bloomsbury
Pages: 272
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:
Feyre, Rhys, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve.

Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated--scars that will have far-reaching impact on the future of their Court.
 

Review:

I bought this when it was first released and had it read by the end of the week.  I know, I know. I didn't blog about it but in my defense, life has been busy. But I am slowly starting to catch up.  I like weekends when my dogs decide to wake me up at 6am (apparently they can't tell between weekday and weekend wake up times) and I have at least a couple hours of "me" time before the rest of the household begins.

The first thing I noticed when I bought this book was hey! It's not 500-700 pages long like some of the others!  Did I get a bad copy? But as I was reading, I was actually happy to see how the author has been taking the time to get us back to the characters and their histories.  It has been so long since A Court of Wings and Ruin that I had forgotten a lot of the last big fight scene.  

Life now is tumultuous for Feyre and her ever-expanding extended family.  There is a lot of tension between her and her sisters.  Things are unspoken between friends.  Relationships are tenuous, some stretching to the brink of breaking.  BUT Sarah J Maas took this opportunity to begin building up the framework for the next big book to come (Goodreads considers this 3.1 rather than book #4).  It wasn't until the Sneak Peek section where I really began to understand Nesta's role in the war to come.  And believe me, it's gonna be AMAZING!!  If you are a big fan of The Court of Thorns and Roses series, you need to read this title...especially since Book #4 won't be released until 2019.  

On a side note, Hulu is doing a TV show based on the Throne of Glass series.  Filmrights have also been optioned by Tempo Productions.  So if you are as big of a fan of these two series as I am, you should be fist-pumping right now.

One last thing, if you were ever trying to picture the map of Prythian in your head, don't bother.  You can view it here.

Ms. Maas has been busy writing two series at a time. And she has DC's Catwoman title to contend with.  I guess I can forgive her this once for having such a short series title.  Great insight into what is planned in the next book of the series.  Worth every penny!


1 comment: