Thursday, June 7, 2018

Anatomy of a Single Girl by Daria Snadowsky


Published: 2013
Published by: Delacorte Press
Pages: 227
Copy Provided by: Author
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:
After everything that happened - my first boyfriend, my first time, my first breakup - jumping back into the dating game seemed like the least healthy thing I could do. It’s not that I didn’t want to fall in love again, since that’s about the best feeling ever. But as a busy college premed still raw from heartbreak, which is the worst feeling ever, I figured I’d lie low for a while. Of course, as soon as I stopped looking for someone, an impossibly amazing - and devastatingly cute - guy came along, and I learned that having a new boyfriend is the quickest way to recover from losing your old one. 

The moment we got together, all my preconceptions about romance and sex were turned upside down. I discovered physical and emotional firsts I never knew existed. I learned to let go of my past by living in the present. It was thrilling. It was hot. It was just what the doctor ordered.

But I couldn’t avoid my future forever. 

In Daria Snadowsky’s daring sequel to Anatomy of a Boyfriend, eighteen-year-old Dominique explores the relationship between love and lust, and the friendships that see us through.

Review:
I actually enjoyed this second book more than the first.  I felt that just being away from home allowed Dom to straighten up a little bit and step into adulthood.  Of course she reverts backwards as her parents announce a big change to the family but she learns from her breakup and begins to trust her instincts when it comes to other people.

I like how she places more emphasis on identifying her own thought processes.  Like when she and Guy fight about where their relationship stands yet she realizes that she doesn't really know what she wants in life. 

I think that after a big commitment to someone, it is good to play the field a bit and discover things you like and dislike about life and love and everything else in the world. It is a time to be self-critical and try new things and push your comfort zones, challenging yourself to new ideas and concepts  Guy is a good experience for Dom and it throws her for a loop to discover that what she thought she wanted, she didn't actually want at all.  I think both books to read in combination are a great for someone who is going through a coming of age from teen into adulthood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment