Sunday, August 8, 2010

In My Mailbox (Christinabean) August 9, 2010


In my Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren in which bloggers post about the books they have received for the week.  Books may be won, taken out from the library or bought from a store.

Curlypow and I take turns posting this meme so I am a bit behind and haven't posted my awesome purchases from Bookcloseouts.  You can read more about my experience with Bookcloseouts here.  So here are some of the items I've snagged over the past few weeks.

I bought the following list from Bookcloseouts.com scratch and dent sale.  Some are as low as $2.49 for a scratched or dented copy.  It doesn't affect the interior for reading but you can also purchase top quality copies for less than the retail price.  I read about Bookcloseouts from another blog and decided to give them a try because they are Canadian (prices are in US dollars) and I didn't have to pay customs for crossing the border.  Shipping was also very reasonable.  So here's my haul -

Devil's Kiss - Sarwat Chadda
Evernight - Claudia Gray
Shadowland - Alyson Noel
Wicked lovely - Melissa Marr
Ink Exchange - Melissa Marr
Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead
Wings - Aprilynne Pike
The Luxe - Anna Godbersen
The Awakening and the Struggle (Vampire Diaries) - L.J. Smith
The Summoning - Kelley Armstrong
Wonderous Strange - Lesley Livingston

I also traded with Anna from Anna's Book Blog for Fallen by Lauren Kate (ARC) and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  Thanks Anna!



I also won Kin by Holly Black and Ted Naifeh from Loony-Reads during the Got Books event 2 weeks ago.  It's a graphic novel....something that I don't normally read but I'm keen to give it a go!  Thank you Samantha!


I also purchased the following books in the past few weeks. 


I actually have already finished reading Shadowland and Dark Flame and trying to figure out how I want to review the series.  The Hollow is a book I've wanted to read for awhile but the cover looks a bit different than displayed in the picture.  My TBR pile seems to be growing exponentially.  I haven't even posted what I plucked from the hold shelf at the library these past two weeks!  What's in your mailbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment