Sunday, August 8, 2010

What to read ...

I was sitting in my sewing room this morning, catching up on things and I decided it was time to get back to some reading. But - I couldn't find the book I was looking for. No problem I thought, I'll read something else - but what? Should I read Ghost huntress 4, which is on my ereader? Or listen to Game of Thrones, which is on my Ipod? Or pick up Shade, which is by my bed? Or perhaps I could finish The Iron King, which is also on my ereader? Or the book of short stories which is in my car?


Do you see my dilemma? Now I can hear some of you asking yourself "Why on earth would she read so many books at the same time?" No, I don't have ADHD, I just like to have a book with me wherever I go. I listen to audio books in the car, but just in case I don't have my Ipod with me, I have a book of short stories in the glove compartment. I have a book beside my bed, for some late night reading, and a book beside my chair (which is the one I can't find, by the way) so that I can read when I have a cup of tea. I have my ereader, which I keep in my purse so that I can read on the go - grocery store line-ups, doctors office etc. - and often I'm reading two books on it. Then occasionally I'll have a book on the go in the dining room, so that if I'm eating by myself I can read there.


Some of you are probably wondering how I keep all the stories straight? To be honest, I don't really know. May'be it's because there is usually such a large spread of genres through all the books - I read just about anything - that I can pick up the story fairly easily. If I don't remember, I can usually jog my memory within a few pages. The book in the car is the only one that doesn't get finished with any regularity, that's why it's short stories - I think it's Stephen King right now, but I'd have to check to be sure. Christinabean is a bit like me, although I'm not sure she reads quite so many at one time. I must remember to ask her.


Perhaps I'm just lazy and I don't want to have to walk upstairs for my book if I'm downstairs? No, I don't think that's it, because if what I'm reading is really good, I will go and get it from wherever it is. I just hate to be in a situation where I'm sitting with nothing to do. Anyway, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who reads multiple books at the same time? How many do you read? Please let me know, I really am interested. It would be nice to find out I'm not the only crazy one!


PS I found the book I was looking for, Wish by Alexandra Bullen. It was under my knitting at the side of my chair. Look for a post on it, and some of the others I mentioned, soon.

Christinabean here....Curlypow, I am like you although I do wonder if I have a problem with multi-tasking...currently I am finishing up Touch by Francine Prose, just finished reading Dark Flame by Alyson Noel, am in the middle of Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, and have just started the Devouring by Simon Holt.  Oh, and I figure I might give the Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams a shot tonight before bed.  I find that I have lots of them on the go and read depending on where I am, which book I have on me and what I'm feeling like.  I love supernatural but sometimes I need a bit of a break from it.  Funny that you mentioned Wish by Alexandra Bullen.  I JUST returned it to the library last week and didn't manage to get to it because I was finishing up Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon and didn't have time to read it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment