Friday, January 27, 2012

Follow Friday


Feature and Follow is a blog hop that was started by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Each week a different question is posted by our hosts and we will answer! This is a great opportunity for bloggers to network and interact.  This weeks question is:

Q: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?

To be perfectly honest, I don't think there is any genre that I don't read at all.  There are one or two that I don't read if I can help it, but when push comes to shove, I'll read anything.  I'm not a huge fan of political thrillers and books about Ireland aren't my favourites (not sure why exactly), but really I like to think that if it's a good book it won't matter to me what the genre is.  Perhaps that's because I work in libraries for a living, and it's hard to recommend books and genres if you haven't read them yourself.  I'm not sure how Christinabean feels, but I think she's much like me on this one.


Welcome to the Paperback Princesses! Make yourself at home, take a look around our blog and let us know what you think in the comments section. We would love to hear what you have to say about our posts. We often try to comment on your comments as well so feel free to start a conversation! Since there are two of us running the show, we always have a variety of titles and event postings. Be sure to check out our own personal meme page. Check out Fantastic Fairytales, Let's Hear it for the Boys, In Case you Missed it and a few others. We try to not only focus on new YA books but also great titles from the past.

14 comments:

  1. I feel pretty much the way you do. I'll read most anything -- but -- if it's non-fiction it better be compelling, or I give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How right you are Annette. Did you try Glass Castle?

      Delete
  2. I think it's great that your pretty much open minded about books! :)

    - New follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be as open-minded as I can, but sometimes it's difficult.

      Delete
  3. Great answer! I try to give all genres a chance, but there are some I just can't get into. Hope you have a happy friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel.too much realism puts me off.

    New follower

    Samina@Escapism

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't like political books either.
    New follower, check out my FF and follow me (if possible by GFC) at:
    http://BooksandSparkles.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I were that open minded. I can't stand sci-fi. I've tried a few but just can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hoping by to be a new follower and let you know there are just a couple that I don't much read either, do not like books with bad language or explicit sexual scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower. not a big fan of political books either .. here is my FF for a follow back. http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm a new follower!!! I can't wait to read more on your blog!!!! :)

    Haha I find it interesting that you don't particularly love books about Ireland :)

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-my-first-one.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure that that I must have read something early on that put me off Ireland, but I don't know what. I just know I generally don't enjoy them. Odd really.

      Delete
  10. Thanks everyone for stopping by. I try to hop back whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete