Friday, August 3, 2012

Follow Friday



Feature and Follow is a blog hop that was started by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Each week a different question is posted by our hosts and we will answer! This is a great opportunity for bloggers to network and interact. This weeks question is:

Do your reading habits change based on your mood?  Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy? 

DEFINITELY.  I find that if I'm in a depressed mood, I often turn to something dystopian.  You know, if I feel like my world is a bit blue, it's gotta be worse for someone else!  A few weeks ago I was missing some of my blogmates so I was reading Blood Red Road by Moira Young.  If I'm happy I'll turn to an author like Kiersten White (Paranormalcy series) or Jessica Brody (Karma Club).  I also enjoy characters who are a bit witty and obnoxious like Adrian from The Vampire Academy/Bloodlines or Jace (Mortal Instruments) for a bit of a pick me up.  I often have several books going at once in different genres and I'll pick and choose what I was to read according to my mood.

- Christinabean

Welcome to the Paperback Princesses! Make yourself at home, take a look around our blog and let us know what you think in the comments section. We would love to hear what you have to say about our posts. We often try to comment on your comments as well so feel free to start a conversation! Since there are two of us running the show, we always have a variety of titles and event postings. Be sure to check out our own personal meme page. Check out Fantastic Fairytales, Let's Hear it for the Boys, In Case you Missed it and a

5 comments:

  1. I love Adrian! :D
    Good Answer....New Follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old follower stopping by ^^

    Clever idea to search for someone in a worse situation :p I also like witty and obnoxious characters, haha. Paranormalcy series is a fluffy, funny read indeed :D Great answer!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/hosted-by-alison-can-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by, have a great week-end.

    http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. *New follower. :)
    Here's my FF/TGIF.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books to feed your mood, great answer. Followed.

    ReplyDelete