Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Follow - January 16



Friday Follow is a blog hop that was started by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  Each week a different question is posted by our hosts and we will answer!  This is a great opportunity for bloggers to network and interact. 
This week’s question –

Do you own any doubles of your books? What led to getting that second…or third or fourth…copy?  – A Great Read

I do own a double of my books.  Sometimes I receive an ARC from the publisher and I love it so much that I go out and purchase the hardcover copy when it is released.  Once, I won 3 copies of Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong.  I gave one away to a friend when we went to Kelly's signing but I think I still have two copies sitting on my shelf.  I try to weed out books to make room for more but I am discovering that I tend to lean towards e-books right now because I'm lacking space.
 - Christinabean

I own a few doubles, but they are all hard copies and then e-books.  I've been known to read the hard copy at home and then continue reading the e-book copy of the same book when I'm out. It keeps the hard covers in better condition when you don't have to carry them around with you. BTW Christinabean gave ME the other copy of Waking the Witch, so she only has one left.  Lucky me.
- Curlypow

Welcome to the Paperback Princesses! Make yourself at home, take a look around our blog and let us know what you think in the comments section. We would love to hear what you have to say about our posts. We often try to comment on your comments as well so feel free to start a conversation! Since there are two of us running the show, we always have a variety of titles and event postings. Be sure to check out our own personal meme page. Check out Fantastic Fairytales, Let's Hear it for the Boys, In Case you Missed it and a few others. We try to not only focus on new YA books but also great titles from the past.


2 comments:

  1. Yep, that's pretty much me. When I receive ARC's from publishers for review and I really find myself enjoying them, I usually try and go out to get the finished copy and then pass the ARC along to a friend or family member who might like it unless it has sentimental value to me. lol.

    Hopping on through and enjoying.

    Happy Reading and Hopping Through! :)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!
    I really love your blog (especially the title, 'The Paperback Princesses', there is just something about that name that I've fallen in love with haha)

    Anyway, totally get the ARC thing, and I can't believe that you won 3 copies of a book!! That's unbelievably lucky (or unlucky because you had to find people to give them too)! A lot of people I know have been leaning towards ebooks as well, because of the lack of space.

    Wow, so sorry for rambling on and on, didn't mean too, but it's one of my weird habits!

    I'll be following you through GFC!
    my ff - http://tyrasbookshelf.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/feature-follow_17.html?m=1

    Thanks, Tyra xx

    ReplyDelete